Fun Facts about Dubai that Will Inspire You to Go There

Dubai has been making buzz for all the good reasons in the past several years now. With the emirate’s continuous improvement, it is not surprising that it has become one of the top choices of aspiring expatriates. Now, if you are one of the many people who are considering moving to Dubai, you would love some of the trivia listed below.

Dubai has a powerhouse economy

 In 1968, it was reported that there were less than 20 cars in the whole city. In 1991, there was only one tall building. Fast forward to today, Dubai is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. At the present, there are more than 400 skyscrapers, several luxurious and upscale hotels, the largest mall in the world, the tallest man-made structure in the world, among several man-made islands.

Dubai is a magnet for expats

 According to census, locals only make up to roughly less than 20% of the state’s population. The remaining 80% is comprised of people from other states and countries. This makes Dubai one of emirates with most diversified population. Hence, if you are planning to move to Dubai, you will not have a hard time finding people who speak the same language. While Dubai has diversified population, crime rate is apparently low since everyone seems to get along well.

Population is growing

 The state’s has doubled since 1995. In said year, the population of the emirate is at about 700,000 but in recent years, that number soared to 1.4 million. Because of the state’s continuous development and rise in the population of expats, it is not surprising that its population will continue to rise in the following years.

It is home to world-class architectures

 Dubai is known for being ambitious when it comes to architecture and engineering. Many of the structures in the state have challenged traditional architecture and design, some even are world record holders. Some of the most famous ambitious structures found in Dubai include The Dubai Mall (the largest mall in the world by land area), Burj Khalifa (tallest man-made structure), Burj Al Arab (dubbed as the world’s only seven-star hotel), and man-made islands.

There’s no income tax in Dubai

 Workers in Dubai have bigger take-home pay compared to workers in other countries because they don’t have to pay for income tax. This is one of the main reasons why Dubai is a magnet for skilled employees and professionals from other countries.

Dubai is hot and humid

 During the summer in Dubai, temperature can shoot up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or almost 49 degrees Celsius. This is not surprising at all since the state lies in the middle of desert and is very flat. Because of the humidity in the emirate, public areas need to be air-conditioned, including bus stops.

The food scene is exploding

 In recent years, Dubai witnessed a continuous growth in its food and beverage industry. Today, there are many companies that provide catering in Dubai, there are also a handful of restaurants offering topnotch cuisines, from Italian to Japanese. If you’re a foodie, you should not miss the world-famous restaurants and catering in Dubai as you will surely savor the taste and experience.

Most of Dubai’s revenues come from tourism rather than oil

Oil was discovered in Dubai in 1963. Despite having good potentials to be an oil-exporting state, oil production only is accounted for small portion of Dubai’s revenues. Tourism and trading are among the top revenue-producing industries of the state.

These are some of the fun facts about Dubai. To know more about this wonderful place, looking at photographs and reading articles about it is not enough, you must visit it and enjoy what Dubai has to offer.